Thursday, April 23, 2009

Endoscopy

I went for my endoscopy yesterday. I was a little scared 'cause I've never been under any anesthesia and I really didn't know what to expect. It went good though. I was in the doctor's office and they were all really nice. I went in with a killer headache though (I suffer from migraines). I threw up 2x before and it was all bile (not to be gross) because I hadn't eaten anything since about 9pm the night before.

I laid on the gurney/bed and got my IV, they stuck heart things on my chest, on each side, and on my wrist and I got a blood pressure cuff. Really, the last thing I remember is seeing the doctor and he said "let's go" and I was waking up and talking to the nurse. I still had a bit of a headache but for the most part it was gone and I was a little groggy, and hungry!

The doctor came in and told me that I had a small hiatal hernia but it was nothing to worry about. Dr. Kurian (my surgeon) said that if she saw anything, she would repair it during surgery so I'm not worried.

The only thing I don't get is that my throat, on the left side is sore but not inside, to the touch. It's a little weird but I'm not worried about it. It's just another step closer to my goal!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your blog. I too have a hiatal hernia. I'm Joy1968 on TT

    ReplyDelete